Mon, Jun 12|
Community Room (Annex Building)
2023 LEPC HazMat TTX
Annual Local Emergency Planning Committee Exercise for a hazardous materials spill
Time & Location
Jun 12, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Community Room (Annex Building), 111 S Nelson Ave, Wilmington, OH 45177, USA
About the Event
Registration as a participant for the 2023 Clinton Co. Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) Table Top Exercise (TTX).
- #4 Emergency Operation Centers
- #6 Communications
- #8 Population Protective Actions
- #9 Emergency Public Information
- #10 Traffic and access Control
Scenario SITMAP to be provided at the TTX.
Primary Audience: Clinton County Emergency Operations Center members, Clinton Co. Fire Chiefs Assoc, jurisdictional partners.
Secondary Audience: Local NGO & Community Response Partners.
Note: As always, elected officials are always welcome to observe or participate as they feel comfortable.
What to expect. The Community Room at the Annex building will be setup in table groups (operations, logistics, planning, and Finance/Admin). A scenario will be presented, with questions along the way. The response will be organized into multiple parts. Evaluators are recruited by EMA to grade specific objectives for the scenario. The evaluation sheets and objective descriptions are attached for your reference (this isn’t cheating, it’s public record). We, as an EOC, just have to answer the questions. Food and drink will be provided to keep you focused on the task at hand.
Scenario (short-version): “Fall weekend in October” when festival traffic is at its peak, a series of traffic mishaps throws I-71 and SR-73 into chaos as patient drivers resort to their smarty-phone GPS to find an creative route alternatives for their destination. One such driver is transporting hazardous materials and his truck takes a tumble (resulting in a release).
How to prepare:
· EOC Training (if not already taken): https://www.cc-ema.org/event-details/eoc-training-local-procedures-4
· EOC Practice Scenario: https://www.cc-ema.org/event-details/eoc-practice-scenario
If you have no social life and want to learn more, try these:
· EM Briefing: https://www.cc-ema.org/event-details/2023-em-briefing
· NWS Storm Spotter Training: https://www.cc-ema.org/event-details/storm-spotter-training
· IS-100 (Introduction to Incident Command System): https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.c&lang=en
· IS-200 (Basic ICS for Initial Response): https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-200.c&lang=en
· IS-700 National Incident Command System: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.b&lang=en
· IS-800 National Response Framework: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-800.d&lang=en
· D4H Incident Manager: https://www.cc-ema.org/event-details/d4h-incident-management-basic-4
· ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Events: https://odpstrainingcampus.coursemill.com/cmui/#/courses/EMA-ICS300NobleJune2023?sessionId=17349
· ICS-400 Advanced ICS for Command & General Staff: https://odpstrainingcampus.coursemill.com/cmui/#/courses/EMA-ICS400WarrenNov2023?sessionId=17551